Wednesday, November 13, 2013

New Trimester

Hi Guys!

I have not been very good at posting messages on here, have I? The most important information is emailed out or sent home on a flier. I will try to be more diligent about posting on here, too.

Welcome to the first official day of the second semester! Just think, we are 1/3 of the way through the school year. Hasn't it flown by? I hope you take the opportunity to think over the first semester and consider all the hard work you have put in. There is no doubt in my mind that we have all had some challenges, but also many successes. Remember, through challenges are some of our greatest learning experiences. Also keep in mind that the second trimester is a great time to make changes if there is an area you want to improve and I am here to help you!

You have all shown me that you can be responsible and have earned the privilege of BYOD. My goal is to have the contract posted under links on Thursday morning. I will also have copies available in class if you need one. Remember that this is optional; I do have two Chromebooks for us to share in class and hope to be getting more.

Also, on a different note, remember that book orders are due on Friday - in person or online - if you want to purchase any books.

I'm looking forward to an even greater trimester with you all!

Mr. Funk

(Parents: I'm also organizing materials for book clubs, hoping to start them in January. If you are interested in helping out please let me know. It not definite yet, but I'm leaning toward having them on Thursday afternoons at the end of the day. More information will come as we get closer.)